Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Vegan Darkness


I am vegan and I have dark thoughts.  

I know vegans are supposed to epitomize compassion for all beings.  I'm honest though.  I don't.  I'm very compassionate toward every species, except one, and yes, you can guess which one it is.

Homo sapiens.  The wise, standing ape who pillaged and raped until the Earth herself was nothing more than a lifeless, smoking, overheated, garbage-strewn husk.  I don't love the human race and I cannot pretend to.  Humans are now so overpopulated that we have practically guaranteed the near-term extinction of nearly all species on Earth, including our own.  I don't call that a wise race, no matter how we label ourselves, because to me, wisdom implies foresight.  In no other race of beings will you find individuals of such staggering malice and greed.  No other species goes against its own natural instincts in order to exploit fellow animals in the multi-billions.  I am one of a growing number of people who sees the truth for what it is.

The Sixth Extinction: You Are Here

The Earth has gone through five major extinctions.  The most recent one wiped out the dinosaurs.  250 million years ago, the Earth went through the  biggest extinction of all time, the Permian Extinction.  Over a span of anywhere from 1000 to 100,000 years, the Permian Extinction extinguished 93 percent of all life on Earth.  The cause?  A surge in global warming and the anoxification of the oceans.  Sound familiar?

You would think such information would be enough to get the average person to transition to a more sensible lifestyle: one that included learning to live with less, forcing local authorities to invest in public transportation, figuring out how to grow our own food and all that.  Ha ha, fat chance.  Good luck trying to convince most of the zombies out there to buy a smaller TV, let alone getting them to boycott Walmart.  There are reasons we are going extinct.  We are a stupid species, plain and simple, and to be genuinely intelligent is to be extremely lonely.

The brightest minds of our era are still stuck with the idea we should eat animals.  Just because we can doesn't mean we should, but that never occurs to those who obtusely assert their temporary dominion over non-human animal's lives.  One of the problems we vegans face is that necrovorism, that is the habit of eating cadavers or the mammary and vaginal secretions of other animals, is addictive.  Eating flesh, dairy, and eggs is profoundly physically addictive.  Like other intoxicants, meat, dairy, and eggs imbue the addict with a feeling of euphoria and satiety while slowly destroying the addict's health piece by piece.  Like alcohol, animal products are full of empty calories that are delivered with a hefty dose of pure addictive poison.  As vegans, we face the uphill battle of trying to get otherwise-intelligent people to shed a lifetime of conditioning as well as physical dependence on heroin lite.  We will never have a fully vegan world just as we will never have an alcohol or cigarette free world, however, we can at least make it our goal to enable the general public to recognize it is essentially addicted to animal product drugs.

If we are in the Sixth Great Extinction, why would it matter anyway?  Why do I bother?

We're doomed.  I have two emotions reserved for people who bear biological children in this day and age, and they are pity and contempt.  It's not my descendants who will cannibalize each other as they scramble across the hellish junk deserts of the future.   It's not going to be my great-great-great-great-grandchild roasting on a marauder's spit.  The outcome isn't looking bright for humans, who, contrary to popular belief, will not colonize Mars or spread like a cancer to all the corners of the Milky Way and beyond.


Does this make me despair?  Of course it does. 

Does it make me want to kill myself?  Hell no. 


I will fight to the bitter fucking end to save animals on every front, even if it is as small an action as picking up a green caterpillar from the endless sea of pavement where I live and putting her in a patch of barely-surviving meadow and getting poison ivy in the process.  Being vegan is one of the only good reasons to live as a human parasite.  Vegans are the only conscious parasites who actively try to stop killing our host.  We are the only ones who believe non-human animals are more important than us, which is the only truly long-term sustainable attitude when it comes to preserving Gaia.

I do feel violent.  Whenever a school shooter marches into an American classroom and blows away half a dozen eight year olds and a few teachers, I always wonder why that asshole didn't march into Monsanto's headquarters at 800 North Lindbergh Boulevard in St. Louis, Missouri and go to work.  The difference between me and that shooter is I have these things called brain cells and self-preservation that stop me from being crushed under the weight of my own jihad.  But unlike the dimwitted thought police and Namaste maroons who believe repressing their urges will transform them into upright, morally transcendent demigods, I'm honest.  I would like the one percent knob with his trophy wife and ten-thousand dollar umbrella stand to meet with an unfortunate accident as he walks into me and my swinging axe.  I would like to punish the guy who threw acid in the face of a young Pakistani woman by forcing him to meet Allah by my hand, in the most dreadfully painful way possible.  I like to dream up nasty consequences for nasty people and I also enjoy musing that if I ran the world, I could indeed solve violence with violence.  Doesn't mean I'll get there or do those things even if I am appointed Ruler of the World.  There's a difference between saying it and acting upon it, even though that difference may be lost among politically correct who have lost their ability to discriminate.  

If you are vegan, I think there is a chance you might be all love and light, never wishing harm on anyone and giving every human the benefit of the doubt.  Congratulations, you ambassador of goodness and enlightenment.  The radiance of your golden soul will touch many.

Or maybe you are like me.  If so, welcome to the Darkness.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment